$5.6 million budget increase to help roadways in East End neighbourhoods
Stephen is happy to announce that the much-needed road resurfacing of Tenth Line will begin this month.
“Tenth Line is a major road that residents from across Orléans & Cumberland rely on every day,” says Blais. “The investment we have secured is part of our infrastructure renewal plan to catch up from the post amalgamation decade of darkness that allowed our critical infrastructure to deteriorate.”
Roads play a vital role in a City’s overall infrastructure by ensuring that residents can travel safely and easily through urban and rural communities. Budget 2018 permanently increases the annual pothole repair program by $600,000 to $8 million.
Overall, Budget 2018 allocates $447 million in infrastructure renewal for projects across the city. Budget 2018 increases the contribution to the Capital Budget by $12.6 million to $112.4 million total, including:
- $39.2 million to resurface roads, including $12 million for rural roads, an increase of 17 per cent over 2017
- $42.2 million to upgrade rural infrastructure, an increase of 13 per cent
- $25 million to renew City bridges, a 16 per cent increase
- $8.3 million to improve transit supported assets
- $2.3 million to renew sidewalks and pathways
- An additional $10 million to address an infrastructure gap
Tenth Line’s resurfacing will run from April to late October 2018. The work will be completed by R.W. Tomlinson Ltd. And will involve the milling of the existing surface, adjustment of manhole and catch basin grates, concrete repairs and roadway resurfacing.
Repairs Coming to the East End include:
- Tenth Line Road from Innes Road to St. Joseph Boulevard
- Old Tenth Line Road from St. Joseph Boulevard to Tenth Line Road
- Charlemagne Boulevard from Tenth Line Road to Bottriell Way south
- Donald Street from 40 m east of St. Laurent Boulevard to Cummings Avenue
- St Laurent Boulevard to 90 m north of Innes Road to 315 m north of Shore Street (Railway Overpass)
Old Tenth Line Road – Old Tenth Line Road will be subject to lane closures in each direction from St. Joseph Boulevard to Tenth Line Road on Monday, April 23 between 7 am and 3:30 pm and again between 6 pm and 10:00 pm. The lane closures are required to allow for the replacement of the curb and sidewalk and to repave the roadway.
Tenth Line Road – Tenth Line Road will be subject to lane closures in each direction from St. Joseph Boulevard to Innes Road on Monday, April 23 between 9 am and 3:30 pm and again between 6 pm and 10:00 pm. The lane closures are required to allow for the replacement of the curb and sidewalk and to repave the roadway.