Environment Canada has issued a Freezing Rain Warning & Freezing Drizzle Advisory
Currently cloudy with a misty fog, temperature -10C. Â Arterial & collector road conditions will vary between bare, wet and slushy. Side roads and sidewalks will be snow covered, icy and slippery. Residents are advised to proceed with caution. A wintry mix has fallen since yesterday morning of snow (2cm), ice pellets, drizzle and freezing rain (10mm combined). A low pressure system over the area Monday will have more moisture and heavier precipitation as a result. Several hours of freezing rain are possible late 10pm Monday evening, changing to rain showers overnight into Tuesday morning as temperatures rise. Monday morning commute will be tough.
ð§ð¥¶ Today periods of freezing drizzle persisting through the day. ð¡ High +1C. ð¨ Wind Northeast 15 km/h.
ð Tonight periods of rain or freezing rain. Wind Southwest 20 km/h. Temperature rising to +6C by morning
âï¸ Tuesday mainly cloudy chance of ð§ showers in the morning, clearing in the afternoon. ð¡ High +6C falling through the day, afternoon -4C overnight low -17C.Â ð¨ Wind Southwest 20 gusting to 40 km/h
ð¨ð§ Wednesday chance of flurries through the day. ð¡ High -8C overnight low -8C
âï¸ Thursday chance of snow. ð¡ High +1C overnight low -9C
Residents are advised to exercise patience and drive with caution.Â Staff are monitoring weather forecasts and will be patrolling roads throughout the event.Â Winter maintenance operations are ongoing.
- Plowing, sanding & gritting of sidewalks and residential roads will be ongoing
- We anticipate road & sidewalk conditions will be snow covered, icy, slushy and slippery for the Monday morning commute
- Combo plow trucks have been deployed from the onset of the snow & ice accretion and will continue to plow and salt the arterial roads. All sidewalk units will be deployed to plow and apply abrasives to sidewalks and bus stops
- We will deploy plowing/sanding/gritting resources over the remainder of the transportation network as necessary as the weather or road conditions change
- Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways, and parking lots may become snow covered, icy and slippery